Principal’s Welcome Message
Dear Apollo Families,
Welcome to Apollo Elementary and the 2022-2023 school year. We are so happy you are a Rocket and we can’t wait to get school started! You can look forward to your teachers providing you with challenges, enjoyment, learning, and fun. Opportunities exist for you to stretch your abilities in academics, the arts, physical education, technology, and social situations. The Apollo staff and teachers are here to assist you with your learning in each of these areas. We are devoted to helping each Apollo Rocket Launch to Greatness!
Please be sure to note the following fall events on your calendars:
- Enrollment Verification Process (EVP) – August 8-12
- Meet the Teacher – August 29, 10 -11:00am
- 1st Day of School, Grades 1-5 – August 30
- 1st Day of School, Kindergarten – September 2
- Curriculum Night, Grades K-2 – September 20 – 6:15-7:00pm
- Curriculum Night, Grades 3-5 – September 22 – 6:15-7:00pm
- Picture Day - September 27
- Picture Re-take Day – November 8
Please make sure you’re receiving both Apollo and ISD's weekly bulletin, prior to school starting, so you have the most accurate and timely information possible. Please feel free to contact the school at 425-837-7500 if you have any additional questions.
Jane Harris, Principal
Prepare All Students to Launch!
We develop confident, responsible, creative, and lifelong learners. Apollo is a place where all are respected, supported, and challenges academically, socially, and emotionally.
- Hold all staff and students to exceptional standards.
- Prepare students academically and emotionally for life outside of school.
- Actively participate and work together to create a whole-school approach.
- Create learning opportunities and allow students to practice skills.
Title 1 Schools and Parent Rights
In compliance with the requirements of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), the Issaquah School District and your school is required to inform parents of Title I, Part A students that they may request, and the school will provide, certain information on the professional qualifications of the student’s classroom teachers and paraprofessionals providing services to the child.
If you wish to request information concerning your child’s teacher’s and instructional paraprofessional’s qualification, please contact your school’s principal. Templates for information request can be found here and are available in multiple languages.
I acknowledge that I am on the Indigenous Land of Coast Salish people who have reserved treaty rights to this land, specifically the Snoqualmie Indian Tribe (sdukʷalbixʷ) and Duwamish (dxʷdəwʔabš). I thank these caretakers of this land who have lived and continue to live here since time immemorial.